Here are a few fun things I’ve learned this month. I love reflecting on the goofy and meaningful realizations I’ve come to each month. Let me know in the comments what you’ve learned in May!
1. If you want to get lost in a YouTube maze of amazing people – you MUST go to Great Big Story. All of the videos are around 3-5 minutes and share well filmed stories of people doing incredible and unique things. Martin Greenfield specifically caught me in his story of surviving the Holocaust and becoming a legendary tailor.
2. There is a Chrome plug in for those of us who get caught in the infinity that is the newsfeed on Facebook. News Feed Eradicator. You can still get to your notifications and messsages, but instead of your newsfeed you’ll just see one quote – usually on success. You’ll never realize how much you go to your newsfeed until you get rid of it. This is a MAJOR help for those of us who work from home and do a lot of communicating via Facebook!
3. Alanis Morrissette updated her lyrics to fit 2017. It’s mainly about apps and how her ironies aren’t actually ironic, per se. Also has she even aged A DAY?
4. People who respond humorously to wrong number texts are my favorite people. Maybe it’s because I’m an introvert so when I opt out of a phone call to text and there’s a chance it’s a wrong number….PANIC TIME. I can’t even imagine thinking quickly enough to respond this way. Of course, Buzzfeed found the best.
5. I’m about to be best friends with my librarians. That’s right. I finally got a library card for my new address that I got over a year ago…meaning I had to let go of my security blanket of a library card from childhood. It was tough. But I’ve already read 4 books in the past 2 weeks soooo….I’m coping just fine. (Don’t worry. I’ll be posting a list of what I’ve been reading soon).
6. This. This is a real problem in the world today. The story is just as strange as you’d imagine.
7. My sister is getting married in 79 hours and I’m having a baby in 88 days. Woah. (
8. Baby showers are super fun. Especially when you basically just have a fiestawith all your friends and guess what your baby will be like someday. 😉
9. Mother’s day is super strange when you’re technically a mom but don’t have a baby yet…also when your MOM gives YOU a present. It feels more like opposite day.
10. Most importantly, I learned this month that this is what Bing Crosby looked like in his later years. Precious as always but also wearing a bucket hat. Be still my heart. I’ve considered making this my phone background because HOW IS ONE PERSON SO ADORABLE?!